Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Welcome Baby


Today I created a fun card for a sweet new baby boy.



All the stamps I used today are by Lawn Fawn. To create the background I clear embosed stamps from the "Plus One" stamp set and "Birthday Tags", then I used distress ink to color the entire panel with blue tones. On top of that I used the heart and star from the plus one and stamped with the same distress inks.

I just love the "Critters Down Under" for baby cards, the Mamma+baby Kangaroo are so so sweet and the sentiment is perfect. It is also in the perfect size to be used with the banner from the "Stitched Journaling Card"

My trick for getting perfect cut out for the critters is to go over the edge with the black memento marker.

To finish the card and to avoid having the Kangaroo standing "on air" I used the rectangle die from the "Stitched Journaling Card"to emboss and give the card some more dimension.

I am submitting this card to this week's Lawnscaping challenge: Create a background

Supply list:


View blog post for supplies

4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! so cute!! what a special and lovely card for that new baby boy! i LOVE those stars and the plus one stamps in the distressed background! and those kangaroos!! eek!! so cute on the inlaid die!! thank you so much for playing along with us at the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I really love the color , really stand out! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I really love the background you made, it is so sweet! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete

הודעה בנוגע ללינקים באתר

בחלק מהלינקים באתר (אמזון, סקראפבוק וסיימון) יש לי שיווק שותפים שזה אומר שאם אתם קונים מהלינק שלי אני מקבלת עמלה קטנה ולכם זה לא עולה יותר (באמת שלא... בדקתי את זה).