Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Calendar creation

In Yesterday's post - Tissue boxes and post-it notes desk holder with 2014 calendar I showed you the 2014 calendar I had created for the post it desk holder and said I had a few insights into the process of creating it. I got a few requests to share those insights.

It is always fun to learn that people like what I do and actually take the time to read what I write.

So hear goes.

I printed  4 months on one A4 paper and then run it trough my silhouette for cutting.


Here are a few lessons from the print and cut process:

1. After printing, immediately get that to the Silhouette, Don't touch the file in the silhouette studio on the computer, not even to check if the lines are correct. do all your checking before.

2. Place the page on the left top corner of the mat. Don't place it anywhere else on the mat. The Blade will not find your print and cut markings if the page is not at the top left corner. I alternate my mat direction and turn it around each time (the arrow points up and down alternatively), but the page is always on the left top corner.

3. Make sure you have enough light in the room. I did my calendar creation late at night and found that I need to turn on another light just to get a good alignment. I had a few pages printing off side until I figured this one out.

4. I used a regular printer paper and so I used my most used mat, so it will be less sticky and will not tear the paper.

To get the pages stick together I used clipping and then white glue.


 After applying the white glue I added a third clip (making sure it will not touch the glue) and then let that dry for a few hours.


I think this is all I have for now.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

הודעה בנוגע ללינקים באתר

בחלק מהלינקים באתר (אמזון, סקראפבוק וסיימון) יש לי שיווק שותפים שזה אומר שאם אתם קונים מהלינק שלי אני מקבלת עמלה קטנה ולכם זה לא עולה יותר (באמת שלא... בדקתי את זה).