Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Make It Monday #30: Colored Pencils

Boy, did this challenge come in the right time. I got a new Marci stamp in the mail this morning and I was dying to try it out. I am registered to a copic class next week but don't have any copics yet, and probably even after the class with 6 copics I will not have much wiggle room, but with my faithful Crayola pencils I can play. 

I just loved the baby oil technique that Jennifer showed in the video. I have seen colored pencils blended with mineral spirit but since I have no idea what it is or if I can get it in Israel, I just left it alone - but baby oil, I have that at home :-) so I had to try.

In any case, I've been wanting to try a few new dies I got from Lifestyle crafts/Quickutz and I am always happy to participate in a PTI challange - I just LOVE their stamps, paper and dies (and don't have enough from them)

So here is my card:


Suppllies:
Paper: PTI Vintage cream (card base and stamped Marci), PTI Pure Poppy, DCWV The Shimmer matstack (purple circle).
Stamp: La La Land Crafts  - Darling Marci.
Colors: Crayola
Other: Paper stub (which I prepared myself, as I don't think you can get those here is Israel and for sure you can't do it at midnight...). Glossy accents, Recollections extra fine glitter Glitz, Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I am also submitting this card to the "Simon Says Stamps - Anything goes" challenge, and the Lifestyle Crafts Blog Contest and Giveaway

3 comments:

  1. כרטיס חמוד. והצביעה יפה, גם בלי קופיק :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Your card is absolutely darling. You did a wonderful job of coloring the stamped image with colored pencils!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Efrat! I love how you've used the baby oil here... it makes for great blending. Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

הודעה בנוגע ללינקים באתר

בחלק מהלינקים באתר (אמזון, סקראפבוק וסיימון) יש לי שיווק שותפים שזה אומר שאם אתם קונים מהלינק שלי אני מקבלת עמלה קטנה ולכם זה לא עולה יותר (באמת שלא... בדקתי את זה).